The BC Exotic Bird Society has a re-homing adoption process in which birds that are introduced to the society are kept with the family they are coming from until a new owner can be found.
This is done to reduce the stress of the animal as much as possible instead of situations where the animal may bounce between foster homes before they reach their final home.
While we would prefer that every bird stay with their original family, we understand that this isn't always possible.
The Process for Rehoming Ideally Takes These Steps
- First Contact by Email(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Communication of Wants, Needs and Challenges
- In Person Assessment of Animal by BCEBS Representative
- Strategies for Support Offered if Desired
- Bird Added to Adoptable List With Known Information
The BC Exotic Bird Society Strives to Sustain and Support the Welfare of Exotic Birds. We are not a Large Society and Run Solely on the Donations and Volunteer Efforts of our Members.
We Cannot Effectively Rescue Birds From Emergency Situations
If You or Someone You Know has a Bird in a Rescue Situation, Please Contact